In the Speaker Zone - you can stop in to hear any of the free talks scheduled throughout the day. Many of the talks include demonstrations and even participation - find something new to support your Wellbeing.
11:00AM The Importance of Modern Foreign Languages at Primary School Level and Beyond
Maria Giron - Ole Spanish For Everyone
Walk through the misconceptions about learning a foreign language at any age. Try our workshops to get you talking and enjoying Spanish.
11:30AM Neurodiversity and Dyslexia
Alison Crafts - Breakthrough Dyslexia
My talk will be of interest to Families and children that struggle with literacy and numeracy also explaining by giving an overview on neurodiversity (what part of the brain is used in learning) and how visual learners learn to people in education/coaches and therapist.
Neurodiversity how some people learn differently to the Neurotypical Brain. What part of the brain we use to learn and what is happening to are mental images.
12:00PM Biodanza-Dancing with life
Kavina Pound - Danzability
Basic explanation of what Biodanza is and it's health benefits with some demonstration of exercises.
12:30PM A positive look at Celebrating ‘A’ Life
Glynes Mewton - SJ Celebrant
Honouring and planning for the inevitable and then once planned Live Your Life Fully!!
Overview of planning your or a loved one’s life. Information and tips on how to address a loved one’s passing in the most appropriate and honouring way, so you can gently and appropriately move forward without regrets.
1:00PM How to Keep a ‘HOT’ Body for Life!
Jenni Russell - Pelvic Floor Secrets
A HOT body doesn’t just look good but functions well. Come along and learn the secrets that helped Jenni be crowned Britain’s ‘Fittest’ woman ( 3 times and record holder) and still enjoy her body 20 years later! Pelvic Floor Secrets is London’s only pelvic floor health and happiness centre that offers the best solutions. Her holistic approach and continued testimonial success means she really is ‘Shaping a better future from the inside out.”
1:30 PM Eat Well, Move Well and Think Well: Empowering you to improve your Health & Wellness.
Scott Gimby and Alexane Lochet- Enfield Chiropractic Clinic
They will discuss
• The importance of your nervous system in your health.
• Posture – and how to maintain it or improve it
• Exercise – which is the best exercise to do – to get the maximum benefit.
• Osteoarthritis – why it occurs – how to prevent it getting worse.
• Nutrition for joints – what supplements are worth taking when you have chronic joint pain • Importance of positive thinking, and how this can impact your prognosis in any health conditions.
2:00PM Mindfulness Workshop - an Introduction to Reducing Stress
Natasha Harris - Mind, Body and Soul Energy
It doesn’t matter if you have never done Mindfulness or Meditation before, or if you’ve been practicing for years.
In this workshop learn to:
Decrease stress, anxiety & feelings of overwhelm
Live in the present rather than dwelling on past mistakes...
Increase your confidence
Improve your relationships with yourself and others
Increase your energy levels
Become clearer on what's important to you
Are you feeling stressed and anxious and living a busy and demanding life? Want to improve relationships with family, friends and colleagues? Gain confidence? Have more energy? Want to become clearer on what’s important to you?
2:30PM How can the Alexander Technique help you?
Esther Miltaidous- Poise and Vitality with the Alexander Technique
Learn how to alleviate an aching back, stiff neck, shoulder pain, and repetitive strain injuries.
We’ll teach you how to give your back a complete rest in a ten minute mini–break.
We’ll show you how the Alexander Technique can help you:
Improve your posture
Stop feeling tense, tired and uncomfortable
Feel more at ease when you are staring at a screen whether you are emailing, texting, or tweeting
Help you stay active and avoid injury
Everyone can benefit, whether you are stressed at work, taking care of children, playing an instrument or running a marathon!
3:00PM AMATSU…no longer Japan’s best kept secret!
Nicola Forward - Amatsu Practitioner
- What Amatsu is…it’s not a make of microwave! I’ll explain how Amatsu is similar to and different from other therapies.
- My Amatsu story…how Amatsu found me.
- The history of Amatsu…where it has come from and how it has developed.
- Why Amatsu works…I will talk about the role of Biotensegrity, Taijutsu, Kyushu and The Godai in an Amatsu session.
- How Amatsu could help you…using client stories to illustrate how Amatsu can influence all aspects of your wellbeing.
- What an Amatsu session involves…description and a short video.
Amatsu is a physical therapy…but not as you know it!
- It is a blend of Eastern philosophy and Western science.
- It has its roots in the martial art of the ancient Japanese Ninjas, incorporating current understandings of anatomy and physiology.
- Even though we work very physically Amatsu is a truly holistic therapy in that we consider people are more than their physical body and an Amatsu Balance can have profound effects on every aspect of a client’s wellbeing.
- Physically I release the tension between muscles and bones, repattern ligaments, free internal organs and synchronise cranial and sacral movements.
- Amatsu can be used with depth and so attracts very active clients, but also can be very gentle and suitable for babies and the more frail among us.
- It is a hands-on therapy with the client fully clothed.
- Every Amatsu session is tailored to each individual client and even responds to that client on that day as we fine tune your alignment.
3:30PM Tree of Life Meditation
Chris Stavri - Bluebells
Meditation based on the ancient wisdom of the tree of life, where you can contact your inner true self and ask a question to a matter that concerns you. An opportunity to travel up the ladder of the tree of life and experience higher connection.